Monday, May 29, 2006

Random fact: im so badly hooked on Indian music. Anything (of course except for the really low quality stuff).
I even like that himesh dudes songs. Even though all his music sounds the same...it works. And I don’t think people should really crib about his music...it’s his time!
And nothing can get in the way when god's decided 'its ur time to shine'!
I love sonu nigam's voice, and that sunidhi chick...in fact all of it...I even love abhishek bachan's rap song!

Rabbi shergill was in Pakistan recently, and my boss's friend was one of the organizers... (I think).he was telling my boss how rabbi's new album has a song called "Karachi ki larki"..or is it "kurri Karachi dee"..
In any case, rumor has it that rabbi's in love with a girl in Karachi. One sided! Obviously media related, because he met her when he was here for a concert or something...so she's someone he dealt with.
Ok so im being intentionally vague. I know who she is, her name, and where she works...how...because I made my boss find out. I told him that as a female, I would not be able to sleep at night till I knew everything regarding this.
*but imagine, the ego boost this girl must get. Just thinking about it. Regardless of the fact that she doesn’t reciprocate. Or does she...no one told me this part. lol.*

khair...in my last post a blogger commented on letting us meet his cousin(who is a starlet), when we go to Mumbai! I of course rushed to his blog, because OBVIOUSLY I wanted more info.
But he's being vague!
theek hai...koi baat nahin...I can wait...but once we're there...dude u bring her out of the shadows!!
:D
thanks though!

Ok another confession...I sometimes get hooked onto Indian soaps! It’s not my fault. Everyday I have to give some quality time to my grandmother. So usually this time coincides with her soap times. And u know, u watch casually and then just when the woman smilingly opens the door, she goes pale and says
"TUMMMMM!!!!"
And the episode ends there!
And ur sitting there thinking WTF...who could it have been...why'd the episode end there...F@#$-ing hell, ill have to watch the next episode to see who it was...
And you sit to watch the next episode the next day...
And the recap happens, and the whole scene unfolds again...and the woman says
"TUMMMM"
And the play starts...
And she suddenly breaks into a smile and says...
"Oh, sakku bai, TUM"
WTFFFFF!!!
All that drama, just cause the maid showed up!
aaaaaaaargh!
Now u'd think that I’d learn!
But I don’t!
I fall for it every time!
Everyday, I would sit with my grandmother and watch a play called "larki anjani si".
This soap about an 18yr old girl, who gets pregnant accidentally. Artificially inseminated.
Ufff the evenings I spent just waiting for the handsome older man to find out she’s the girl he’s looking for…but NOOOOOOOOOOOO!
It never happened, and now my loser cable guy has gone and stopped running SONY TV.
And my families too lazy to do something about it…so I don’t know if ANANYA and NIKHIL met or not!
And have ANGAD and KRIPPA gotten over their differences!
And oh so many more dysfunctional couples I need to keep track of. lol!

Khair, ive recovered.
ive just missed too many episodes to even try and keep track!
Toh jaan chutti!
And I think granny’s doing better too. She’d get too worked up about all the ‘coincidences’ in the soaps.
“Dammit she left her cell phone in the car. And “whats his names’ trying to call her. Damn her, did she have to forget it nowww????”

“Why can’t they close the door when they have a private conversation dammit!!!? Of course the mother in law will hear it!!”

“They’ll never make it…his evil wife will get their before them, even though they got a six hour head start! It’s all a conspiracy to get my blood pressure soaring!”

“Stupid jerk turned away just when she was walking by!!! Now he’ll never know she’s the mother of his unborn child!”


Oh and have you ever spoken at home the way these people in the soaps talk.everything revolves around illegitimate children and abortions.
I would die of embarrassment if my father-in-law said something like the ones in the soaps say.
“thora araam kar lo bahu…tumhari koke mein bacha hai”
(Aaaaaaaaarghh…shamefull old man, like she doesn’t know that already!!!)
And none of the girls can have arranged marriages, because they’ve already gotten pregnant off their boyfriends!
Boy friends, who refuse to marry them now.
And every woman has at least three admirers.
They’ve been married twice over, but there’s still someone who wants to marry her, because he knows that inside she is pure and innocent!
Here in real life…finding ONE is a lifetime job! And once ur married…sorry, ur fait is sealed.
So I don’t know how KASHISH does it!
Lol!
Ok…im done ranting about my previous TV addictions!
U’ll all be glad to know, im over it!
It’s back to American sitcoms, and American idol!
Oh yes, as a parting statement, ill also admit, that I regularly watched Indian idol…
And sandeep was better than karuniya!!
Ha!
Till next time…

9 Comments:

Blogger GuNs said...

[:D] The agony you subject yourself to while watching these soaps !! *sob* I admire your bravery... I bow to your supreme patience. You are a strong lady !

-PeAcE
--WiTh
---GuNs

9:30 PM  
Blogger Jinguchakka said...

Dude! you watch those sitcoms referred to as "serials"!! Yuck.My mom's hooked to it and it just grates me. Or is it another feminine thing that I am unable to understand? For me they are high on melodrama and low on intelligence.

P.S: Thanks for the info. Looking forward to more posts. :-)
Plzzzz investigate and tell us whether that girl reciprocated to Rabbi. I guess he'd have sung, "tere bin" from his album to her!

10:02 AM  
Blogger Dadoji said...

Stay away from those soaps. They produce too many bubbles of emotion and nothing else. Too much nakhra and fake topics/make-ups/costumes etc. Nothing classy.

Indian Idol OTOH is a decent thing. Kaun Banega Carodpati was decent. My observation is some of the regional language serials are far better but you won't get those in Pakistan I guess.

Elsewhere you said you couldn't have breakfast of idli, vada etc. That is something you need to discover and develop a taste for. Those things you will never get to eat elsewhere and you don't know what you are missing unless you develop the taste. I don't blame you of course because southie food is so different from northie food. If you are staying anywhere near my part of the city I might be able to suggest a few restaurants to you guys. And there are some junk food thingies you must have there. More on that later because I cannot post it all on your blog no?

And sabr ka phal meetha hota hai. All you have to do is prepare a list of bollywood actresses living in Mumbai and then narrow down to the one you might get to meet. Simple, no? ;-)

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know exactly what u mean, my mom watches "Sarkar" when i leave for work in the morning and now i'm hooked haha cuz i have to leave in the middle, i always ask her what happened when i get back.

12:40 AM  
Blogger Lidia said...

Haha- that's so funny about the soaps. I think i saw one when i was in Fiji and i completely didn't get it (actually, that was probably because of the fact I can't speak Hindi!) But I always find television really weird. i don't like watching shows like The OC because all the people are insanely good looking and they definately do not look like the kids in my high school..in fact, if kids looked like that in high school, i'm pretty certain they would never leave! Hehe, i love your blog by the way, your a really good writer!

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HILARIOUS post!! You have an amazing gift for the comic. ALthough I detest most things Indian (current Indipop and Indi film music and soaps included), i could just so understand it when you explained WHY one could possibly get hooked to them. Hahahaha. Bohat hee funny tha.

5:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, i heard Rabbi sing that song in his Lahore concert (he being the only Indian music act i like) and it was amaaaazing!! Bohat hi acha gaana tha and it was soooo very obvious that he had written it on someone particular. It was just too real and very very catchy. I think it was called 'Karachi waali'

6:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol!

how does a woman get accidently pragnant? she must have done something :p

4:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHA! EVERY word about the soaps is so true!! What I don't get is this- I know they're dumb, stereotyped and a waste of time. I AM STILL HOOKED. Lol.
Your writing style is...very laidback, and easy to flow it. I enjoyed it =)

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home